Delhi University Undergraduate Admissions Deadlines
The admission season is in full flow at Delhi University. Have you filled the forms yet? The admission forms for Undergraduate courses became available from June 4, 2012. While you can apply online through the University’s website from https://ugadmissions.du.ac.in/, in my experience it was always better to visit the colleges you are interested in. The students and faculty there provide a little bit of counselling as to the application criteria and what you can expect from the course. Also, some colleges might refuse to accept the Common Pre-Admission Form (OMR) (Cost: Rs 100) and insist that you buy the college’s prospectus and form.
What you need to know:
1. The Common Pre-Admission Form (OMR), whether you are filling it online or offline, is only for the General and OBC category students. Even the individual college’s forms are only for students of these categories.
2. SC/ST category students need to submit their forms at the following 4 centres – Arts Faculty, North Campus; Arts Faculty, South Campus; Rajdhani College; and Shayam Lal College between 9.30 am and 2 pm.
3. Students applying to quotas for Sports or Extra Curricular Activities (ECA) need to individually submit their forms to their chosen colleges.
4. Physically handicapped students should submit their forms at the office of the Dean of Student Welfare in North Campus.
Here’s a list of the important dates for undergraduate admissions:
1. Last date for form submission – June 18, 2012 (Guys, only a week’s left!)
2. First cut off list – June 6, 2012
3. Second cut off list – July 3, 2012
4. Third cut off list – July 6, 2012
5. Fourth (and possibly final) cut off list – July 10, 2012
Best of luck, guys!